Sunday, December 31, 2006

Mississippi

This is one of the first energy drinks I bought. I can't recall when I bought it but the "best before" date is late -98 so I'd guess I bought it sometime during 1998.

The design is one of the better ones I've seen although the only explanation I can find for a Spanish energy drink to be called Mississippi is to make it seem exotic (to the Spaniards that is).

I have yet to find a web site for the manufacturer of this drink, Global Drinks SL, but it seems as if they have discontinued this particular brand.

By the way, did you know that Mississippi is an old Indian name? It means "great river" or "gathering of water" and is attributed to the Ojibwe tribe of Native Americans (Chippewa). 1

The Mississippi river is prone to flooding and sever flooding has occurred 1927, 1937, 1965, 1973, 1982, and 1993. The 1993 flooding was the most severe recorded in American history. 1

The longest river in Spain is the Tajo river and runs for 1,007 km (626 miles). There's said to be over 18,000 rivers in Spain and Spain actually owned the lower part of Mississippi from 1769 to 1783. 1

1 Answers.com

No comments: